Frequency of oral involvement in cutaneous lichen planus patients

Authors

  • amna samreen
  • Naima Luqman
  • Rabia Asgher

Abstract

  Objective The purpose of this study was to find out how common oral involvement is in patients with cutaneous lichen planus. Methods A 6-month cross-sectional study was conducted in the Department of Dermatology at Bahawal Victoria Hospital in Bahawalpur This study comprised 91 patients between the ages of 20 and 60 years who had cutaneous lichen planus that was confirmed by biopsy. The presence or absence of oral lichen planus was examined by a consultant dermatologist for each patient. The computer programme SPSS version 22.0 was used to enter and evaluate the data. Results The average age of the study participants was 43.86±10.46 years. There were 53 (58.24%) female patients and 38 (41.76%) male patients. Mean duration of disease of cutaneous lichen planus was 14.30±10.46 weeks. Oral involvement was diagnosed in 51 (56.04%) patients and there was no oral involvement in remaining 40 (43.96%) patients. Conclusion There is a high frequency of oral involvement in patients of cutaneous lichen planus. Patients with cutaneous lichen planus should be evaluated for oral lichen planus as well.  

Downloads

Published

2022-04-10

How to Cite

1.
amna samreen, Naima Luqman, Asgher R. Frequency of oral involvement in cutaneous lichen planus patients. J Pak Assoc Dermatol [Internet]. 2022Apr.10 [cited 2024Jun.17];31(3):454-8. Available from: http://www.jpad.com.pk/index.php/jpad/article/view/1817

Issue

Section

Original Articles